Re: rack bushings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: rack bushings
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:31:23 +0000
Cc: ccfarm@tranquility.net
Last year I replaced my TR6 steering rack bushings with the poly
units.  To clamp the rack to the mounting brackets I used a pair of
normal vise grips.

First I installed the bushings onto the rack and loosely tightened the
brackets.  Then I clamped the vise grips on either side of just one of
the brackets and tightened.  Then I moved to the other bracket and
clamped and tightened it too.  Finally, I moved back to the first
bracket, loosened it, then re-clamped and re-tightened it.  This took
all of the play out of the rack.

Then I took the car to get a proper alignment.

Best of luck.

Kevin D. O'Connor