TR4; -ve camber front suspension

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4; -ve camber front suspension
From: Paul Thompson <paul@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97 11:05:12 GMT
I'm in the process of rebuilding the front suspension on my TR4.
I'm intending to use the Revington TR fast road/rally kit. This
includes an adjustable top fulcrum pin for setting vertical swing
angle and camber. Revington recommends setting the camber to 1.75
-ve with 155-165mm ground clearance. All the reports I've heard
say that this improves the turn-in and the decreases the frightning
ploughing understeer you get in these cars if you hit a corner
just a little fast!

What I'm wondering is what are the disadvantages of fitting this kit.
I would imagine that it would increase the loads on the front trunnions
bushs etc. leading to increased wear? Will it also make the low speed
steering heavy and decease the straight line stability?

Is there anyone out there who has tried this and what were your
experiences?

Paul.