Re: Identifying Silicone Brake Fliud

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Identifying Silicone Brake Fliud
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 20 Mar 97 16:22:29
Henry Frye wrote:

>>I have been going full speed at the TR3B and decided to get the
hydraulics in order while waiting for my oil pump rebuild kit.

I found a red colored brake fluid in the lines, master cylinders,
reservoir, wheel cylinders, etc.

I have never worked with silicone brake fluid. I sort ofremember it is
red. Is this it?

Is there a test I can do to see what I am dealing with. I considered
pouring some on paint to see if it attacked the paint, but there has got
to be a better, less destructive way!<<

Henry ... if you see a M*ata, youčre allowed to test out your red brake fluid
on its bonnet.  Try using it to write JOHNNY STORM WUZ HERE, and come back in a
little while to see how your pensmanship is looking.

I posted a similar question a while ago, after I found GREEN fluid in my clutch
MC -- the consensus was that it is just an older, glycol-type fluid not
compatible with LBC paint jobs.

---
Martin Secrest
FM18943U