Re: The Coventry Inn

To: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: The Coventry Inn
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:22:01 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver wrote:

> Could someone who has been to the Coventry Inn please send me a quick
> description of it?? I would like to compare it to pubs etc that I have
> been to in coventry.
>
> Do you get frisked for weapons at the C.I ?
> Are the toilets smashed up and inoperable?
> Will anyone offer to sell you Ecstacy at the C.I?
> do the drinks cost over £2.50 a time?
>
> I did read that Charles was hoping to recreate an 'olde english
> atmosphere', are there Mods and rockers regularly kicking seven shades
> of Sh*t out of each other of an evening??
>
> i just wondered how realistic it was!!!:-)
>
> Johnny storm
>
> '77 spitfire 1500

On a similar note, why not shoot for REALY OLDE English atmosphere? How
'bout middle ages, say around the time of the plague? Horse crap
littering the strees, everybody stinks and has fleas, a guy with a push
cart passing by chanting "Bring out your dead!" "But I'm not dead
yet....." Ahhh, isn't it nostalgic, don't you think?