Spin On Oil Filters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spin On Oil Filters
From: triumph72@juno.com (Steven C Wilson)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 19:20:47 EST
TR List,
Old news here, but I didn't see it come over on the list; ergo, here it
is again.  I installed spin-on adaptor w/cooler to my '72 TR6.  Indeed it
does lean to the back of the car, but otherwise interferes with nothing,
though the filter is a tight fit.  I use the FRAM 3600 and especially
like the WIX 51516 filters; you can cross-reference to the filter of your
choice; Deutsch is not too bad either.  About the oil fitler interfering
with the fuel filter-why?!  Add a bit of extra fuel line to
incoming/outgoing lines and here you have a fuel filter that is very easy
to replace; I use FRAM G-2 prior to fuel pump and a glass filter (I
forget the name; DOS XX or something) : )   just prior to carbs.  As to
gas tank sealer: have very good luck with Bill Hirsch product; 3 yrs and
no  leaks, no fumes, no drips and no sloughing off the inside of gas
tank.  Yours in Triumphs, Steve