re: Lever shock oil

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Lever shock oil
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:19:59 -0800
Conversation-id: <B0000005080@nt-server.belcotech.com>
Posted-date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:20:22 -0800 (PST)
Just finished reading a article in Grassroots Motorsports about prepping a TR-6
for SCCA racing.  For racing they recommended 30 wt oil and some mods to the
shock.  I have read that 20wt motorcycle fork oil is about ideal for a nice
'just firm enough' ride.  30wt is better if you want a firm ride.  I have some
20wt fork oil that I am going to try in the next several weeks.

I am sure 20wt would be a good starting point for your TR-3.  Maybe 15wt as the
-3 is a little lighter than a -6!

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us