[npenney@erols.com: Re: FW: Spitfire repairs]

To: triumphs
Subject: [npenney@erols.com: Re: FW: Spitfire repairs]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:25:24 -0700 (MST)
This was sent to the wrong address, rather than triumphs@autox.team.net
Nolan, wake up.

mjb.
----

     Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 08:45:24 -0800
     From: nolan penney <npenney@erols.com>
     Subject: Re:  FW: Spitfire repairs

>I almost forgot.  Do I need to put some sort of commercial sealer in the
>tank after boiling?  I've owned over 50 cars in my lifetime, and never
>had a rust problem on a car (even an old one) that is driven regularly
>as mine will be.

I think you just answered your own question.  Even those that aren't
driven often do well to avoid things like Kreem in the gas tank.  You
can't put it on right without splitting the tank, even if you do put it
on right the manufacturer of the stuff will admit it's going to flake off
in a few years, and then you get to pay someone to clean out the mess
its' made of your fuel system.  Just keep gas in the tank, if water
builds up, dump in a bit of alcohol and burn it out.