Re: Zcars

To: maxx@cybermax.net
Subject: Re: Zcars
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:39:25 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
maxx@cybermax.net wrote:

> ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 97-03-15 14:22:04 EST, prubrew@ix.netcom.com (Chris
>Prugh)
> > writes:
> >
> > >  Sure would be nice to know what happened to all THOSE early Z's
>

> > saw a restored, currently tagged, white '71 240Z on the dealer's showroom
> >

> > > Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
>
> The restored Z car is probably part of the "re-issue" program that
> Nissan is conducting.  Apparently they're buying up solid old 240's and
> restoring them for sale through the dealer network.
>
> Now if only Triumph would do the same.........
And if there were a Triumph, just how much of a market do you think
there would be for a restored TR 6 at $20,000 (See this weeks Autoweek
for a short article).  Thats the starting price for the 240Z's.
Remember the Harley ad of years ago:  The difference between a harley
and a honda is like the difference between a zippo and a bic.  This also
applies to Triumphs and Datsuns.  I've still got both my zippo and my
Triumph; threw my bic away years ago as well as my datsun.  How about
you?
Enough about Z's
Bob