Supercharged 4 Cyl TR engines

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Supercharged 4 Cyl TR engines
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 10:57:06 -0500 (EST)
List;
I posted an inquiry on this subject some time back and got some very useful
information in response.  Based on those very helpful responses I have
acquired some very useful information, a supplier of all parts to rebuild and
maintain a Judson, and a Judson Supercharger in very good condition.

I recall that I had several replies from individuals interested in further
 exchange of information, but I am unable to locate addresses.  If there is
anyone on the list interested in continuing this thread, drop me a line.

I have not started to build the engine on which the Judson will go.  I have
never personally done much work on engine internals, but my TR mechanic has
relocated to Mexico for a few years  to maintain the DEA helicopters so I'm
kind of on my own.  I would guess there might be specific things one would
want to consider doing to an engine which is destined to be supercharged as
compared to a normally aspirated engine.

The objective is to build a really fun to drive street machine, not
necessarily a full blown (pun intended) racer.  I hope to avoid an
unreliable, hard to keep adjusted  set up but don't know if this is possible.
 Is this an unrealistic objective?

Based on my rather limited experience and the information I have gathered
this is my starting point for the rebuild:
1. 87mm .40 over piston and liners (Mahle). mainly because I have them.
2. Use a TR4 head, with larger valves and upgraded springs. Ported & Polished
? I would guess there are important 'breathing' issues here'  Have exhaust
header too.
3.  Balancing and hardening crank, con rods, pistons.
4. Stock Cam.  I have been told by the Judson rebuilder that the engine will
run best with the stock cam.  I am sure there are theoretical issues of
interest here.
5. TR4 OD tranny, stock diff.
6. I guess I should replace the 10' front drums with disc brakes too.
Wouldn't do
 to not be able to stop the bugger now would it.

I am soliciting comments on 1 - 6 above  and any additional issues, comments.
There also was the name of a TR racer with first hand experience posted who
was not, I believe on the list but I have lost that name also.  If anyone
knows how to contact him I would appreciate the info.