TR6 torque setting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 torque setting
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:41:38 -0500 (EST)
Two related questions:

1.  Can anyone provide me with the correct torque setting for attaching
the front shocks of a TR6 to the brackets that attach the shock assembly
to the lower spring pan?  i.e.  the lower end of the front shocks are
attached to these two brackets with a bolt that goes through the brackets
and through the shock, and these brackets are then attached to four bolts
on the bottom of the spring pan.

2.  What is the torque setting for attaching these brackets to the lower
spring pan (four nuts)?

I can't  decipher the factory manual on this one - I think one is 25#  and
one is 65#, but I  don't know  which is which.

Thanks.

Robert Carley
73 TR6 slowly being reassembled.