RE: TR6 Wheel Trim Rings

To: mlibhart@feist.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR6 Wheel Trim Rings
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 9:29:02 -0600
Martin wrote:

"Were the original trim rings installed on US version TR6's bright
chrome, or satin?  My car appears to have original trim rings installed,
but they are not "bright" like the ones you can now purchase.  They have
more of a "brushed", or satin appearance.  Is that the original finish,
or did a PO maybe use brillo pads to clean them?(!)?

Martin,
    I believe that the original rings were a brushed aluminum. Its hard to
find any of those that are not dented up or scrapped along the side from
curbs. . IMHO they are a much nicer looking part than the "chrome" ones.
You might want to take the off and put them away for future generations;-)
Richard Ceraldi
72 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin Tx
www.exact.com/~gt6mk3