Re: Lawrence Who ?

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: Lawrence Who ?
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:58:14 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom Tweed wrote:

>  >
>  >Eh Bill,
>  >
>  >Ya know that Welk guy from down in Strasburg, the squeeze-box player ?
>  >The one that's nearly as famous as Frankie Yankovic ?
>  >
>  >Just wonderin'
>  >Claude Hopper
>  >SW Ohio
>  >
>  >
Yup you betcha. He and Myron Floren too. Why me and Teddy
Roosevelt,Myron and L.W. was prettnear inseprable back before the Dust
bowl days. Me and L.W. were ridin' out across the dust dunes one day
after a particular big blow when we comes up apon a hat. Now this here
hat was a purfectly good hat. Like someone cared for it an all. It
seemed mighty strange that that there hat should be out in them dunes
like that especially after such a big blow and all. So old L.W he gets
down from his horse and goes over to the hat, picks it up and slaps the
dust offen it. Well don't cha know. There was a head. Right there under
that hat, there was a head. Sos we both comence to digging out around
that head. we cleans the dust outta it's ears and eyes and such as best
we could then we stood back to kinda ponder the situation for a spell.We
was just about to get back on our horses. L.W. was just reaching down to
put the hat back on the head. When its eyes opens up and it blows the
dust out it's mouth. Well I don't mind tellin' ya. We was a might
fearful. Then all the sudden like the head says
"Bring your shovels boys.I'm on horseback".
Dakota Bill
78spit
80wedge
72quater/arab/through/gelding(runs on grass)45.0sec through the quater
That damn Grand Caravan still beat me