Rotoflex susp., etc.

To: Rik Back <rback@env-comp.devon-cc.gov.uk>
Subject: Rotoflex susp., etc.
From: Scott Kohl <GT6@wvi.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 15:56:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rik,
One advantage, other than the others mentioned, is that the Rotoflex
rear can be rebuilt as many times as necessary.  Both other systems use
that *stupid* needle roller bearing running directly on the shaft.
Bearing goes, shaft goes with it.  Also, the loading is taken by the hub
and bearings, instead of being transmitted to the undersized
quartershafts/bearings.  BTW, does anyone else besides me know that
Grassroots Motorsports Magazine is starting a project Spitfire in the
March/April issue, using Mazda RX7 engine/gearbox (absurdly easy, but I
won't do it) and IRS differential (A diff that WON'T BREAK, I DO want to
do this!!!)

Cheers

Scott Kohl
'69 GT6+