TR6 Evaporation Loss System

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Evaporation Loss System
From: Bruce Krobusek <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:12:14 -0500
One comment about the TR6 Evaporation system:

I believe that the system also provides a way for the engine to
breathe. For instance, I don't have all of the pieces-parts for my
evaporation system either. Last year I renewed all of the vacuum hoses,
and noticed that I was getting a lot of smoke under the valve cover,
more blowby, etc. Replacing my stock oil filler cap with one that had a
built-in breathing mechanism eliminated most of my problems. (The rest
were cured by an engine rebuild...)

YMMV...

    - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek