TR6 Wire Wheels, heater motor switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Wire Wheels, heater motor switch
From: Brian Day <1briand@mail.airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:26:36 -0600
I have recently acquired a 1973 TR-6 after a twelve year absence from the
world of LBC's (I had a rusty '74 in college).  My '73 is nicely restored to
original condition with a few minor exceptions, one of which is that the car
is fitted with wire wheels manufactured by a company called Zenith Wire
Wheel Co. of California.  The wheels look fine, but the knock off hubs look
as if they are off of a Cadillac with wheel covers.  Before I go find
originals (either octagonal or true knock-offs) I need to know if they will
fit, as the existing "caddy" knock-offs look quite large.  Can someone tell
me what the diameter is of the threaded portion of the wheel adaptor?  I'm
also curious what TR6 owners are doing about broken heater motor switches -
mine is history (except for the slow setting) and I understand that this is
now a NLS part.

Brian   (73 TR6 CF9167)