Throw out bearing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Throw out bearing
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 09:55:58 1997
Do the OEM throw out bearings for the TR series have a pin
through the fork pin groove to prevent the rotation while released?

I have noted one or two pins in the replacement bearings to prevent
rotation.  The causes a wear spot in the face of the groove from
the pins constant contact with this single point during operation.

While the pins may prevent free-wheeling of the bearing and associated
problems, the wear spots prevent the self-adjusting hydralics from
working properly, i.e. I've seen as much as a 1/4" deep wear spot on
both sides.

If I remove the pin from the new one, the wear spots will be eliminated.

What is the down side of this?  Send replies to me, I'll summarize.

(Triumph's law:  for each and every "owner" modification there is an
                 equal and opposite, MUCH more expensive reaction...)

Roger