RE:Result of TR6 tire poll

To: owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE:Result of TR6 tire poll
From: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:01:01 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Fellow scions,
>
> I have not gotten 19 responses to my TR6 tire poll - and the answers are
> listed at the bottom of this e-mail
>  - of the 15 responses who quoted width, 6 were using 205 width, 3 215, 3
185
>  - of the 12 responses who quoted brand, 3 use BF Goodrich Touring, 3
Redlines

> All in all, probably not a very representative sample, but interesting to
> see the different choices of the scions - and especially to see the
> differences in the combinations of width and profile, and consequently
> differences in diameter, which must throw some people's speedos off.
>
> Personnaly, I will probably look around for a set of BF Goodrich Touring
> when it warms up enough outside to take the car for longer trips.
>
> Thanks for the responses - if anybody wants to add to this list, just drop
> me an e-mail back, and I will repost in a month or so what the situation is
> like.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
>

> P.S. I hope, that I included everybody who wrote to me:
>
> WHO                   BRAND                                   WIDTH   PROFILE
> Chet                  BF Goodrich Touring TA          205     70
> Bill Georgas                                                  205     65
> John Wiseman          Michelin Redlines
> Ernest Janzen         (original)                              185
> Aaron Johnson         BF Goodrich Comp T/A HR-4               205     60
> Gary Blake            Michelin XVS-P                  185
> Mike Frerichs         Michelin Redlines (original)
> Dennis Culligan       BF Goodrich Touring TA          205     70
> John Ruppert          Michelin Redlines                       185
> Roger Bolick          (recommends this)                       205     70
> Shane Ingate          BF Goodrich Touring TA          205     70
> Bob Jones             (on 7" Panas)                           215     65
> Ian                   (standard tires)
> Ian                   (low profile Eagles)
> Bill Burroughs        (recommends this)                       195     75
> Bob Lang              Michelin XGT4 (street)          215     70
> Bob Lang              Hoosier Radial Road Race (AutoX)        225     55
> Irv                   Dunlop D40M2 (on 7" wheels)             215     60
> Ronald Olds           Michelin XWX                            195     70

FYI  I run in order of preference:
                 Dunlop D40M2 (on 7" Shelbys)                 225
60            too much tire for street use
                 Dunlop D65 Touring (stock rims)                205
70            pretty good choice
                 BFG Touring TA                                       205
       70            too soft
used to have:    Vredestein Steel Belted M & S         205            70
      all time favorite (NLS in USA) as far as I know
Bob Kramer,  Austin Texas
Hill Country Triumph Club
3 TR6's, 3 TR250's TR3A vintage racer