Result of TR6 tire poll

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Result of TR6 tire poll
From: Michael Noerregaard <triumph@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:28:28 +0100
Fellow scions,

I have not gotten 19 responses to my TR6 tire poll - and the answers are
listed at the bottom of this e-mail
 - of the 15 responses who quoted width, 6 were using 205 width, 3 215, 3 185
 - of the 12 responses who quoted brand, 3 use BF Goodrich Touring, 3 Redlines

All in all, probably not a very representative sample, but interesting to
see the different choices of the scions - and especially to see the
differences in the combinations of width and profile, and consequently
differences in diameter, which must throw some people's speedos off.

Personnaly, I will probably look around for a set of BF Goodrich Touring
when it warms up enough outside to take the car for longer trips.

Thanks for the responses - if anybody wants to add to this list, just drop
me an e-mail back, and I will repost in a month or so what the situation is
like.

Cheers,

Michael

P.S. I hope, that I included everybody who wrote to me:

WHO                     BRAND                                   WIDTH   PROFILE
Chet                    BF Goodrich Touring TA          205     70
Bill Georgas                                                    205     65
John Wiseman            Michelin Redlines
Ernest Janzen           (original)                              185
Aaron Johnson           BF Goodrich Comp T/A HR-4               205     60
Gary Blake              Michelin XVS-P                  185
Mike Frerichs           Michelin Redlines (original)
Dennis Culligan BF Goodrich Touring TA          205     70
John Ruppert            Michelin Redlines                       185
Roger Bolick            (recommends this)                       205     70
Shane Ingate            BF Goodrich Touring TA          205     70
Bob Jones               (on 7" Panas)                           215     65
Ian                     (standard tires)
Ian                     (low profile Eagles)
Bill Burroughs  (recommends this)                       195     75
Bob Lang                Michelin XGT4 (street)          215     70
Bob Lang                Hoosier Radial Road Race (AutoX)        225     55
Irv                     Dunlop D40M2 (on 7" wheels)             215     60
Ronald Olds             Michelin XWX                            195     70