Spin On Oil Filter Adaptor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spin On Oil Filter Adaptor
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 19:55:50 -0800
While working on my TR6 engine as it is out of the
engine bay for body work and a new paint job, I got
around to installing the Spin-on oil filter
adaptor so to avoid future frustrations of the original
set up (you all know what I'm talking about!).

Well, after getting a good seal, I went to screw on
the oil filter, and guess what, the clutch slave
cylinder is in the way! After asking the mechanic
(Toni, Mount Joy Auto Works, Mount Joy, PA; a plug for the
fantastic work they have done on my car, wouuld
highly recommend him. Top notch work at a great price),
he indicated there would be no problem with installing
so filter is cocked to the left of vertical so spin on
filter wouldn't hit the slave cylinder.

Anyone else have the same problem when installing their
adaptor?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6