Re: How to remove windsheild glass?

To: VATAINC@aol.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How to remove windsheild glass?
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 07:00:18 -0800
At 11:02 PM 3/7/97 -0500, VATAINC@aol.com wrote:
>How is the best way to remove windshield/windscreen glass if you want to save
>the rubber seal? Does the rubber seal come out with the glass or do you
>remove just the glass first? How is removal done and are fixed side windows
>done the same way, hints or suggestions? Thanks.
>
>Tom Call Portland, OR
>Heralds

You do not want to save the rubber seal.  It deteriates over time and
hardens loosing its ability to seal.  Its common for a seal to be coated
with a liquid sealent as its being assembled.  Chances are that you local
automotive glass place has a correct seal and can get correct glass. Unless
you have something real strange .... like a Stag ;^)

I recomment renewing the seal any time the glass comes out.

TeriAnn Wakeman            "Large format photographers look
Santa Cruz California       at the world upside down and
twakeman@scruznet.com       backwards"