Trailing Arm Differences

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trailing Arm Differences
From: Ken Brown (Kenneth Brown) (Kenneth Brown) <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 12:18:43 -0800
Hi List,
I was in the process of removing the trailing arms from my TR 250 and I
couldn't help notice that their was a difference in the rebound bumper cones on
the two. The right arm has a extension sticking up from the arm on which the
cone sits. The left has only a circular dish that looks like the bumper cone
strikes. Their is no cone on the left arm and both sides have nothing attached
to the body. Does anyone on the list know what these trailing arms are from and
whether leaving them the way they are effects the geometry of the rear
suspension? Last if it is OK to leave the arms as the are, what would be the
proper bumper cone combination. Is this a case of the DPO switching things
around....there is no sign that the vehicle has been in an accident.

Thanks for any input,
Ken Brown
TR 250 finally getting around to the frame repairs