PERTRONIX Ignitor - (for '64 Spit)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PERTRONIX Ignitor - (for '64 Spit)
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 10:51:29 -0800
Hey all,
  Does anybody have any experience with a "Pertronix Ignitior"?  I got
my issue of British Car yesterday, and read with interest the electronic
ignition article.  I also saw the advert for the Pertronix Ignitor.  It
looks like it all fits within the distributor, and uses a spinning
mabnet or something to trigger the spark.  I'd like to upgrade my
ignition system, and perhaps use an electronic unit, but I wasn't real
thrilled about having another box on the firewall.  Anybody out there
have particularly good luck with these?  Anybody have a really bad
experience?  Inquiring minds want to know...    BTW, I know how to set
static timing with standard points ignition, but any tricks on how to do
it with an electronic unit?  Can it be done?  I NEED to know - gotta get
the weekend projects lined up...  Too bad it's not driveable, looks like
it's gonna be another gorgeous spring weekend here in CA.

Thanks,
Peter
'64 Spit  -  maybe if I get some friends together, we can take turns
pushing each other around the block on the rolling chassis...