Re: Triumph Books/Video Tapes-reply

To: AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com
Subject: Re: Triumph Books/Video Tapes-reply
From: Paul Thompson <paul@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 97 17:58:15 GMT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Triumph folks:
>
> I have video tapes of Triumph @ Lemans 1961  &  Triumph @ Sebring 1962
>
> These were Triumph factory marketing productions and done very well.
> These surfaced courtesy of ESPN2 and Speed Vision and probably will
> again sometime. I wonder if these tapes might be available for sale
> somewhere?
>
> I would be interested in other footage as well. Information like this
> would be appreciated by many I assume. There is a nice tape done of the
> VSCDA Fall Festival '96 at Elkhart Lake which featured the Triumph. I
> have not seen it advertised anywhere...I will try to find out, if anyone
> is interested.
>
> Note: As many of you already know, Charles Runyan has two of the three
> TRS cars that ran       Le Mans in 1961.

In the UK British Motor Heritage sell the Triumph marketing videos.
I bought the one with the 61 Monte Carlo rally and 62 Alpine (dates
might be incorrect) the 62 Alpine is mainly the works TR4s and there
is some fantastic footage. I highly recommend these vids.

I guess the VHS format is no good in the US but maybe the BMH registered
parts shops can help.

Paul.