Triumph Books-reply

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Books-reply
From: jgillis@tcd.ie (John Gillis)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:07:58 +0100
Hi all
I was not expecting so much interest in the paper version of Triumph
collecting. I am an avid collector and being a book and manuscript
conservator by profession I do my best to keep whatever books I find in
prestine (show) condition. I am based in Trinity College, Dublin IRELAND
and yes Andrew, we have a copy of Turn Left for Tangiers here. I eventually
found a copy for myself after seven years of searching (no, the library
copy is still there). For those who don't know the background to this
little gem: It is the story of a pre-launch trip of two Heralds, a saloon
and a coupe that drove 9000 miles through Africa and most importantly
through the Sahara, starting at Cape Town. They had a Standard Atlas van a
Pennant Companion and later a Vanguard for company. The book is stuffed
with heroic photo's and stories about how these brave little cars and even
braver driver succeded, and suceed they did.I have other books but none
capture the period and times quit so well.
John Gillis 1954 TR2 (long door)