Spit oil filters

To: GinteGM@LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit oil filters
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:29:18 PST
Michael,
I can still remember scouring the dark recesses of out of the way parts
stores in the late 70's searching for the elusive FRAM PH922A for the
spit.  I was always happy to find one tucked behind other more current
models, usually with the box all faded and usually shocked when it was
marked at $9 or $10!  That filter came with the adaptor.  One day I
finally realized (and also couldn't find any more of the filters) that I
could just reuse the adaptor with another filter (I may not be the
smartest guy around but at least I'm slow)

I am not sure of what number I currently have on the shelf for the Spit
but in my travels through the reclamation yards of the country I usually
remove the adaptor from trashed motors.  I have a bag full so if you send
me your address I will mail one to you.  Filter manufacturer application
manuals usually have a comprehensive listing with specs in the back and
that is where you should be able to identify if it has a backflow valve.

mrb