[no subject]

To: "'Triumph Owners Digest'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
From: "Smith, Brian" <brians@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 97 11:13:00 PST
Cc: "'The Roadster Factory'" <TRFMAIL@internetmci.com>
To the listers and Charles;

 It was refreshing to see the president of a company respond directly to
statements posted on the list.  Its nice to see that you (Charles) keep
abreast on what is troubling LBCers around the world.  I have to agree in
part with Terriann that it is very frustrating that TRF doesn t have a
comprehensive catalog for the TR3 like you have for the TR6.  I know that
this is (was) a goal for you and I, for one, can t wait to see it. (And
I d be willing to pay for that catalog!)
 As for the service I get from TRF I can t complain.  TRF was the ONLY
reliable  place you could get parts for the Spitfires when I bought mine
in 1984.  They showed up at my former British car club s annual show in
Memphis, Tn in 1985 (?) And brought parts, catalogs, and friendly faces.
 That s a long haul from Penn. To Memphis just to attend a car show, and
not a great big one at that.  I, like many, suffered from  lack-o-money
syndrome in the early 90's and bought few parts.  But that s neither here
nor there.  I m committed to getting my TR3 on the road in time to take
my daughter to her first day at school (that gives me 5 yrs to complete
the restoration.) And I m sure I be buying lots of parts for her, most
from TRF.  I really think that we (listers) have to remember that Moss is
the 2000 lb gorilla in the parts market (I think) and we need the TRF s
and other  purist  parts suppliers to keep our cars original.
 Sorry about the length of this post but some thing have to be said.

Brian Smith
1959 TR#
1972 Spitfire IV
1977 TR7