Re: TR4 transmission (E-mail glitch)

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, rgs03@health.state.ny.us, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 transmission (E-mail glitch)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:18:12 -0500 (EST)
To: EPaul21988
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.  I did not write that!!  That is someone else's question.
 We must be careful about quoting each other.  If you take a look at the
original message you'll see >> marks.  That means that some one else had
written it.

So - thanks for the answer but rgs03 is who had the question.  BTW - I agree
with your answer. :-)
Cheers
Art Kelly

In a message dated 97-03-04 10:20:01 EST, EPaul21988@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 97-03-03 21:09:01 EST, ArthurK101@aol.com writes:
>
>  <<   I've heard that if it's a later trans I'd need to swap the flywheel,
>   starter and clutch
>   >  ass'y. but that an early TR4 trans might plug right in.
>    >>

>  Arthur;
>  I'm assuming you're wanting to bolt in an OD box.  The OD non OD is not
the
>  biggest issue when swapping trannys.  For the purpose of
interchangeability
>  it helps to think in terms of 'sets' when swapping transmissions in the 4
>  cyl. TR.  A 'set' consists of 1. starter, 2. flywheel & ring gear, 3.
clutch