Re: TR-6 drive-shaft

To: naffy@netins.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 drive-shaft
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 20:40:15 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:50:53 -0600 (CST) Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
writes:
>Just a quick question.  Can the drive shaft be taken out on a 6
>without
>dropping the diff?  Thanks.
>               Gary, Frances Nafziger
>               Wellman, Iowa

I did this once by undoing the rear tranny mount and levering the back
end of the tranny aside with a big  prybar (I was kind of manic at the
time) , but it wasn't pretty, and I don't recommend it.  Bite the bullet
and drop the diff.  Change the dif seals and check the condition of the
mounts while it's out.  Car's been hanging around this long, it deserves
it.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (Getting ready for paint)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1967 Jaguar XKE 2+2 (latest acquisition)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover (Farm use)
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon (Be patient! I'm workin' on it)
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)
1987 VW Golf GTI (How did that sneak in here?)
1972 Grady White Chesapeake Mercruiser I/O