Re: TR6 body parts

To: Adam Turner <turner@public.se>
Subject: Re: TR6 body parts
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 19:13:03 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, bpc@mint.net
Adam Turner wrote:

> Scions,
>
> I've now got the point in my '74 TR6 rebuild where it's time to buy body
> parts. I need 4 new outer wings and front and rear valances.
>
> What's the low-down on the best supplier for these parts in terms of
> price, fit and quality?
>
> Adam Turner

Adam,

What you wnat to watch out for is your parts come from from a British
Motor Heritage Approved source. TRF and Moss are. Not sure about VB.
This means they are approved vendors and get support from the oridinal
manufacturer, FWIW. These approved vendors get things like body parts
from either original or remanufactured tooling. They are the best parts
as far as fit and quality.

As far as price goes, I use British Parts Connection. No, I am not
related, just seems I am Dick Burger's biggest fan these days. Dick is a
reseller for Moss and TRF, and gets you the same parts at discounts at
least as good as the TRF winter sale all the time. Email Dick at
bpc@mint.net or visit his web site, http://www.ultranet.com/~4british/

Boy, you think Dick woiuld give me some great discounts for all these
plugs!   ;-)

--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |