Re: The Roadster Factory: Customer Response (long)

To: <Paulsv@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory: Customer Response (long)
From: "Stuart/Jo Bollen" <StuartB-Jo@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 18:33:39 -0500
Cc: <TRFmail@aol.com>
Paul, I agree. Since 1990 I spent my money exclusively at TRF, but twice I
bought parts that didn't fit
door seals for my TR3 tyhat stopped the doors closing, and a TR6 rear hub
the wheel studs wouldn't fit into. When I complained, Charles had the
courtesy to reply, but was rather arrogant. The last time I tried to get
Dave Hagenbuch he had left,so blame me for that rumor because I didn;t know
he came back. Before he left he was virtually unobtainable because he was
on Level 2 sales.
Lasst month  I got quotes on a tan interior kit for my TR8 and was told by
a level2 they were in stock.When I ordered them a week later I was told
they were unavailable since 1989! I promptly bought a set from a competitor
that were made io the UK and matched TRF 20% off price.

ISorry if I offend the list, bnut Charles is a great salesman!

Stuart B.  CN195592
'74 TR6 & '80 TR8

----------
> From: Paulsv@aol.com
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Cc: TRFmail@aol.com
> Subject: The Roadster Factory: Customer Response (long)
> Date: Tuesday, March 04, 1997 10:46 AM
>
> In a message dated 97-03-03 23:44:24 EST, lseidman@erols.com (Lenny
Seidman)
> writes:
>
> >Here we go again! Instead of putting your/our complaints about a
> >supplier and how they conduct business or starting rumors about them on
> >the list why don't we all just reply directly to each other in areas
> >such as these instead of getting a large heated/flame discussion on the
> >list. That way no one will get insulted, look like an ass, or influence
> >other list subscribers with our biased opinions.
> >

> The list is a very important tool for those of us in the LBC hobby to
share
> information that is of concern to us all.  This certainly includes
> information about problems with suppliers.  Through this list and VTR,
and
> other car clubs, we consumers can unite and protect ourselves.  This was
not
> possible in any effective way before the internet and this list, and, as
an
> aside to MJB, for what we recieve, we are truly grateful.
>
> With respect to TRF and Charles' response:
> 1.  While I think it is clear that CR and TRF are committed to this
hobby,
> and to supplying quality parts, it is also clear, to many of us, that
they
> aren't as good as they used to be.  A few cases in point are the
backorder
> problems, and the failure to have a decent catalog for the TR3.
> 2.  For my first 10 years in this hobby, I ordered all of my parts from
TRF