Re:

To: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re:
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 10:09:44 +0500 (EST)
Cc: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>, GEORGE DAVID LACK <gdl5@aber.ac.uk>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Previously, "Spitfire 1500" wrote:

> >Let's see what's in the trunk of my Spit 1500....  A apare tire, a floor
> >jack, four jack stands, two toolboxes (-24x10x8), couple quarts of oil
> >(Mobil 1 synthetic), a 4.11:1 diff (hey, with all these Spit/GT6 diffs
> >blowing up), two ratchet tool kits, and sundry parts labled and in
> >plastic containers (about 4 or 5). D*MN! It holds alot more than I
> >thought!....

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Richard Jackson replied:

> Hmm, when I went to Holland last year, I carried LOADS of spares, including 2
> verticle links cable tied to the supports under the bonnet, but as I went
> camping there with the girlfriend it's obvious how big the boot is...

Years ago in a TSOA Newsletter (US arm of the group) there was an article
about someone who traveled around Europe (I think) in a well-packed
Spitfire. There was a photo of the car with all that had been packed
inside spread around the car, to get the point across. And it DID get the
point across, as the display looked a bit like the ENTIRE contents of my
garage. Creative packing goes a long way!

--Andy

Confidential to Jack Sutherland, Temple of Triumphs (Florida) group: have
you come across this TSOA Newsletter yet for your Web site? ;-)

For the rest of you with Web browsers, check out the "last page" of:

<http://www.freenet.tlh.fl.us/Temple_of_Triumph/tsoa/tsoa9-60.html>

for a similar story.