RE: The Roadster Factory Response

To: dherr@innernet.net (Dave Herr)
Subject: RE: The Roadster Factory Response
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 97 8:00:37 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net ("triumphs@autox.team.net"), trfmail@aol.com ("TRFmail@aol.com")

>List,
>I hope that the power of the list is evident to everyone. A little
remark or rumor can damage the reputation of many a fine company. No >one
can say that TRF is not dedicated to the hobby. Everyone can have a bad
experience or problem no matter how careful a >vendor tries to be. Our
computer company tries to do the best job possible, but sometimes we fail
or the situation does not go right. >We need to make sure that the list
is not used as a "sounding board" to complain about a single incident, or
problem. No one should >make false accusations or spread rumors that
could harm one of the finest parts companies around. Imagine if there
were no TRF..... >Scary thought..... Our vendors should not have to worry
about gossip "lines" on the Internet, possibly spreading false rumors.
Many of >us are their friends and good customers. Let us hope that TRF
will embrace the Internet and not have to defend themselves on it.

>Spleen venting is now over.....
>
>Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club
>73 Stag
>65 TR4A (under Construction, estimated completion Spring 97!)

And lets all hope that TRF is also learning of the power of the net.  I'm
glad to see Charles taking the time to respond to that place where 100's
of his customers live (the net).  Imagine how much money he saved by not
having to send that letter to all of us through the mail.  I talked with
charles about a year ago, and asked him if TRF would be setting up a web
page anytime some.  He said they didn't have the resources.  That is a
shame.  I'm glad to see that someone at TRF is aware of this mailing
list, and Charles is concerned about what we think.

No one should ever start a rumor about the financial health of a company.

I think Charles gave a great explanation as to what goes on at TRF during
the sale.

I hope TRF has learned the lesson that the owner of WWW.AMAZON.COM stated
so well. "One agree customer might tell another potential customer about
their experience.  One agree customer on the net will tell 100's of
customers about their experience".

  By the way,  This years parts I ordered during the sale I receive in
less than 4 days with one part backordered.  I received the backorder
part in less than a week.

Last years sales order is a different story, but all ordered parts were
received within 3 months.  Last year order was also much larger.

Sorry if anyone upset you Charles.  I hope you have the time to relax a
little and enjoy life.

Thanks for providing me with a great company that provides a great
service.

Later,
JHD IV