Re: The Roadster Factory Response

To: TRFmail@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory Response
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:11:45 -0800
Charles,
I don't care about your finances or sex life.  I had a luggage rack on back
order for half a year while the manufacturer was in jail.  I'm willing to
wait for a good correct product, as long as I'm not broken down on the
road.

I do care about getting THE CORRECT, good quality parts at a fair price and
am willing to pay a little extra for good quality.  You company became my
second choice company for ordering parts because you do not have a real TR3
catalogue, and Moss has a great one that does a good job of identifying the
parts I need.

I have a collection of your mini catalogues going back over 10 years and I
have a copy of the factory parts maual that does an excellent job of
documenting the TR2 and early TR3.  Many times I have wanted to order parts
that are not in one of your minicatalogues and is different than described
in the factory parts manual.  I have had poor luck with your level II
people during the last year or so.  I have called several times and got
people who did not know much about TR3As and wouldn't transfer me to a
level II person who did.  I gave up trying to describe parts to these
people and I got tired recieving the wrong parts.  It was a lot easier to
look it up in the Moss catalogue & place an order by the Moss part number.

You have a catalogue for 1968 Triumphs but not one for 1954 through 1962
Triumphs.  Untill such time as you have a catalogue at least as complete as
your MGB catalogue, your company will remain my #2 choice.

My customer # is 032407.  Please fell free to look me up and see how many
thousands of dollars I have spent at your company in past years.  I have
always believed in your commitment to quality parts and the hobby, but the
level II people don't seem as knowledgable as in the past and I want to be
able to just order a part # from a catalogue.

RE the door seal clip.  I recently replaced all my door seals.  I had a
mixture of your original clips and some from Moss.  Yours were wider and I
had the devil's own time trying to get them inserted far enough to hold.
They kept sliping out.  I ended up ordering a complete set from Moss
because they were easier to insert and they held in place better.  I
wouldn't bother making a new tool when the newer style seems to be easier
to work with and does the job well.

TeriAnn Wakeman            "Large format photographers look
Santa Cruz California       at the world upside down and
twakeman@scruznet.com       backwards"