Re:<331BA192.5FB0@member.dalton.net>

To: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Subject: Re:<331BA192.5FB0@member.dalton.net>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:57:16 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: GEORGE DAVID LACK <gdl5@aber.ac.uk>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Let's see what's in the trunk of my Spit 1500....  A apare tire, a floor
>jack, four jack stands, two toolboxes (-24x10x8), couple quarts of oil
>(Mobil 1 synthetic), a 4.11:1 diff (hey, with all these Spit/GT6 diffs
>blowing up), two ratchet tool kits, and sundry parts labled and in
>plastic containers (about 4 or 5). D*MN! It holds alot more than I
>thought!  If you are wondering why all that is in the Spit, it's because
>that is only place where my tools are safe.  Apparently theives cannot
>open the boot of an LBC, but my garage is alot easier!

>I know this didn't answer you question directly, but that's alot of
>stuff in there, and there is room for more!  Maybe this will help some.

>Gee, interesting thread, what else do Spit owners keep in there boots?

Hmm, when I went to Holland last year, I carried LOADS of spares, including 2
verticle links cable tied to the supports under the bonnet, but as I went
camping there with the girlfriend it's obvious how big the boot is.....I'm sure
women don't know the meaning of the phrase 'take only what's necessary', ie, a
change of undies and a can of deodorant!!!! :-)  If the boot can accomodate a
women's weekend camping gear it'll take anything!!!! :-)

Cheerio

Rich