TR4-on gearbox cases

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4-on gearbox cases
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:13:23 -0500 (EST)
Quick questions for the collective wisdom, in light of Art's excellent
reply to buddy Rik Schlierer's equally excellent questions:

1. Are the alloy cases for TR4 and later (at least through TR250) cars
pretty much the same item? They appear to be with several cases I have
lying about the barn, one or two with a CD number and the other with a CT
number. BTW, yes, I think they all had guts in them some time ago, but
those bits are all scattered in other boxes. And yes, this is how I got
this stuff -- it was all stashed in a garden shed, then offered to me
years later (during which archeological dig I discovered just how much
one could severely overload an already tired Volvo 145 without harm).

2. Does anyone have need, desire, any earthly use for at one, two or
three alloy TR transmission cases, as described above? Is there any value
to same? Is there something obvious I should look at to determine whether
or not these are worth keeping about -- other than large, jagged holes in
the casting?

--Andy