RE: Looking for GT6/Spit Diff

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Looking for GT6/Spit Diff
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:44:17 -0800
> A while back TRF advertised TR7 rear ends. The "pumpkin" is the same as a
> GT6. So they will remove this assembley and ship it to GT6 owners. I can't
> remember but it seemed to be around $175.
If by 'pumpkin' you mean just the carrier plus spider gears and ring/pinion
gears than it will work.  If however you include the nose or housing assy
than it won't be of any use.  The TR7 small diff while looking very similar
and using the same internals, doesn't have the four cast bosses on the
casting near the pinion flange end for the tapped holes that secure the
front plate.  No way to attach the front mounting plate!  You could remove
all the internals and transfer them to your case - the nose is just dead
weight (for Spit and GT6 applications anyway)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)