Re: Carb Body Rebushing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Doug Daverne <daverne@dlcwest.com>
Subject: Re: Carb Body Rebushing
From: matthews@sj.bigger.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 08:31:42 +1100
Doug Daverne wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I lost contact with the list for about a week now as a result of hacker
> breaking into my service provider's server...but that's another story.
> Actually experienced a bit of list withdrawl.
>
> Anyway, I now have K&N's on order for the SU's for my TR-4 (thanks to those
> who offered advice).  Now on to the next step.  I am looking into getting
> the carbs rebushed for new throttle shafts.  A local machine shop has
> offered to give it a "whirl" but I think I will decline.  So two questions:
>
> 1)  Who are the reputable sources for this work?
>
> 2)  What is a reasonable price?
>
> As per usual any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Doug Daverne
>
> Saskatchewan - warming up.
> 1961 TR-4 (winter surgery continues)

Doug,

This is a pretty simple DIY procedure with the proper ridge reamer. If
you're rebuilding the carbs yourself I suggest you give it a try, Also
rather than rebushing mine I was able to just get oversized throttle
shafts. Ask your parts supplier which they recomend. Good luck.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds