TR6 Tranny Speedo Access Cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Tranny Speedo Access Cover
From: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 08:37:33 -0500 (EST)

     I have a 73TR6 with an 'A' type OD with an after-market tranny cover
     (TRF I think, but looks like the one in the current Vicky Brit
     catalog).  In order to accommodate the right-angle speedo cable
     connector the PO cut away the raised arc to make an access hole (on
     the passenger side).

     My problem: How do I cover and seal this hole?

     I obtained a cover plate from an other TR (yr.?) but it does not fit
     due to contours at the rear end of the plate.  The drawings in the
     Factory (TRF white) and Bentley manuals show a plate without contour
     i.e. it covers a 'nearly flat' surface.

     Do I keep looking for an original plate?...Try to fabricate one from
     sheet stock :-{?...Try to enlarge/adapt the cut-off piece of
     fiberglass with a moldable substance?...or just tape it over with duct
     tape?

     THANKS to all who take the time to maintain (a thankless job!) and
     respond to the various requests for info.  I have been reading the
     Digest since just before acquiring this my 1st LBC (Sept96) and find
     it one of my best sources of encouragement, contacts and info.

     TRegards
     Murry Mercier
     CF10027U
     Central Ohio