Question regarding using ABS plastic for TR-3 air deflector

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Question regarding using ABS plastic for TR-3 air deflector
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.zNET.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 19:47:06 -0800 (PST)
        I've had a report that some TR-3 folks have replaced the available
filmsy cardboard aftermarket radiator air deflector with a homemade copy
made from ABS plastic.
        I found 30 and 90 mil ABS.  The 90 is clearly too thick, while the
30 eems a bit thin to me, although it is almost as thick as the cardboard
and seems to be similarly stiff.  Has anyone tried this?  If so, what
thickness ABS did you use and did you have any trouble creasing it where it
needed to bend sharply?
        Thanks.
John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/