Michigan help?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Michigan help?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 11:44:20 -0600
I am hoping that there is a fellow scion in Michigan, and that he/she will
help me out with my TR6. The car has old California plates (sticker ran out
in 1993), and now has a Michigan title. My problem is that I live in Texas,
and they (TX DMV) will not allow for a transfer of title unless the car is
inspected - which will be a bit down the road, both in terms of money and
more importantly time. Time is an issue, since I am leaving for Denmark on
December 12th this year - and plan on taking the car with me. BUT (yes,
there is always a BUT), I need a title in MY name to get it into Denmark.
So...I was thinking...that perhaps some kind friendly scion in Michigan
would let me 'live' there to have the title in "my name, c/o friendly scion,
friendly street, nice town,...". I don't even know whether that can be done
or not - but ideas are highly appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - FOR SALE
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project