Re: Valve-job

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve-job
From: "Dan Harriman" <KC5GXL@pnx.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 18:36:09 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <KC5GXL@PNX.COM>
Howdy Ichillin;
   If the head is non-rebuildable according to the Triumph
gurus, what have you got to lose by letting a local machine
shop try and salvage the head? Sounds like a good idea to
me! Why, you could even post as to the outcome of the
adventure!
   In reality, though, I don't see where a GOOD, reliable
machine shop would do a job that would be botched from
the beginning. I think that the shop would tell you (after
looking at the head) if they feel confident that they can
do a good job for you or not. I know that I have walked
away from some jobs that I felt would not messure up to
the quality that I wanted to attach my name to.
   Good luck and keep us posted as to the outcome of
the valve-guide saga!
Dan