Re: Autoweek

To: kevina@wolverine.emji.net
Subject: Re: Autoweek
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 15:49:47 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
To all -

<<<Have you seen the article in Autoweek on the TR-5 and TR-250?
I was told about it but can't find one.>>

Took a spin by the local newstand at lunch to check it out - I have to
report:  Don't make a special trip.  It is a nice article, one page, one
picture (TR5) but not anything special on content.

Brief history of the TR5/TR250.  Mostly the commentary is about the TR5 and
Lucas Fuel injection.  150bhp vs. 104bhp.  How the TR5 is a "REAL" car and
the TR250 is a poor imitation, by virtue of lower power.

Kind of a "Tim the Tool Man" revue.  If a little power  is good then more
power must be REALLY GOOD.

If you know the history of the model, the article doesn't offer anything new.
 If you don't you should get one of the other books as it is more complete.

For what it is worth . . . .

JoeSimcoe