Re: GT6 carb problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 carb problems
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 18:40:45 -0500
Referring to GT6 carb problems.

Jeff,

I first bought it, I found that the float levels were about .030 to .040"
different, one correct and one not, it appeared that one was set to an
earlier (MKI or MKII) spec. and the other one to the proper MKIII spec.  Also
one of the float valves was sticking so I replaced both with Gross jets. The
richness was not correct, and they were not in balance.  Once I corrected
these problems, it ran great.  No doubt about it a fun car to drive!!

In my mind, if the float level is too low, the engine may starve for fuel
while being accelerated and when the level is too high, the carbs may flood
or dump raw fuel through an overflow.

Just thought I'd add my experience...

Scott
1958 MGA  HDA4346400