Way down south in Dixie . . (where are the Triumphs?)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Way down south in Dixie . . (where are the Triumphs?)
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:34:39 -0500
Hey all,

I haven't been terribly active on this list for the past year or so cause
"the man" has got me burdened down with lots of work.  I've been lurking
occasionally though and thought I'd speak out once again.

Work has taken me out of the Old Dominion and landed me down here in Macon
Georgia temporarily. (So they say . .it has been two months so far)

I've been keeping busy but when wandering around bored out of my mind last
weekend, I happened across an estate auction and came uncomfortably close to
bidding on a very cheap, but not terrible MGB.

HORRORS!!!

As if I didn't have enough problems with TR-4 parts all over the place back
home in Richmond Virginia.

Well I figured if the British Car bug is biting at me while I'm away from
home, I could at the very least confine my interests to Triumphs.  So I'm
asking the list for any suggestions on where I can feed my British Car habit
down here in Georgia.

Anyone know of any inexpensive Triumphs for sale down here in the peach
state? Any good parts sources  (I'm always looking for that overdrive or low
geared rear end for the TR-4's) salvage yards to dig around in?
Events to attend on weekends?

Please help me find some Triumph activity down here before I end up having
time to go check out that MGBGT with the mini lite replicas at the used car
lot south of town.

Trying to stay loyal to the marque (did I spell that right?)

Scott Tilton
In Macon Georgia
Without any Triumph parts all over the place