Re: Valve-radio for the period end 1950 begin 1960 (fwd)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve-radio for the period end 1950 begin 1960 (fwd)
From: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:26:57 -0500
Cc: jordaens@uia.ua.ac.be
F. Jordaen wrote:
>I know that my question is more on the side of this group but, you never know.
>Is there in this space someone who can help me with the schematics for a
>valve radio from PYE or PE( this is not really clear for me).
>The type is "CAMBRIDGE ENGLAND" of someting like this.
>It is made of two parts. The first part is the receiver and the second part
>is the poweramplifier - powersupply who is transistorized and missing.
>It would be a great help even if someone knows someone who knows someone
>who knows someone........ who can help me.

>I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THIS IS A CAR RADIO!!!!

Just a quick note.  The term VALVE radio is another of those inrteresting
speech differences between the UK (plus Europe) and the
USA.  In case some readers of this list aren't familiar with the term, the
USA equivalent is TUBE (as in ellectronic tube...those things that preceeded
solid state stuff such as transistors.

Bill Sohl

Cheers,
Bill Sohl   Budd Lake, NJ   billsohl@planet.net
----
Visit the Mount Olive Township Republican Party Home page at:
    http://www.cns-nj.com/mtolive