Re: DOT4 from DOT3 brake fluid conversion

To: Clark W Nicholls <cwnicholls@juno.com>
Subject: Re: DOT4 from DOT3 brake fluid conversion
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:53:12 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Clark W Nicholls wrote:

> I'd like to convert the brake fluid in my Stag and Spitfire from DOT3 to
> Castrol LMA (which exceeds DOT4) while flushing the systems.  Preventive
> maintenance.
>
> Should I just bleed down the master and then add the LMA?  I don't intend
> to tear anyhing apart, just flush the system and upgrade the fluid...

My $.02, I would siphon all the old DOT3 out of the m/c reservoir, and
if there seems to be excessive black sediment gook in the bottom of the
reservoir, clean that out as well.  Trick would be not to get any of the
grunge into the m/c bore.

Then proceed as planned.  Add LMA, bleed.

Have fun

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net
TR250's