Re: Clutch Master & Slave

To: Kdoc111@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Master & Slave
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:31:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Kdoc111@aol.com wrote:

> A fellow TR6 owner (who's '69 is better than any I've seen), suggested buying
> both a new master and slave cylinder.  This is to be a better long-term and
> ease-of-mind solution than rebuilding the old units, the theory goes.

Isn't it great how 'friends' like to spend others peoples money?  The
theory is correct, new master and slave cylinders will be a longer-term
solution than rebuilding the leaking slave now, and waiting for the next
shoe to drop. If cash flow is the issue, rebuild the slave.  Want a
better fix?  Resleeve the slave while you are at it.  Want a better fix
yet?  Rebuild the master and slave.  You get the idea.  Whatever you are
comfortable with.

>   Is there any caution about swapping old with new clutch hydraulic
> components?  The current Slave Cyl. is connected to the bottom hole on the
> clutch fork.  Will the new slave cyl. also connect to the same hole, or will
> some adjustment be necessary?  Will putting in a new master cyl. also effect
> the placement of the slave rod on the clutch fork hole?

New master will not effect which hole slave rod attaches to.  New or
rebuilt slave may need to be attached to different hole.  Since the
slave is your problem, you will be experimenting with which hole works
best.  Be sure to replace the clevis pin while you are down there.

Good luck.

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net