Spitfire Cylinder heads??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Cylinder heads??
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:47:12 -0700
Good morning all,

I have a Spit 1500 '78 engine that was seriously overheated once upon a time.
This
resulted in a severely cracked head. The PO pitched the head and I now have a
headless
engine. :-( So sad, I know. So now I have a line on an 8 port head but I don't
know
what year car it's off of (because the current owner of the head doesn't know.)
So...

1) How can I identify the head that I'm looking at? and/or
2) Will any 8 port head bolt onto the 1500 block? (As in does it matter what
year it is?)

Now, the MG list is having a hell of a time with cats, so I'm not going to
bring it up here!

;-)

Thanks,

Ken (Just forget I said anything) Boetzer