RE: Wire Wheels (Scientific Study) Long - But necessary

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wire Wheels (Scientific Study) Long - But necessary
From: keith bennett <101551.20@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Oct 96 18:16:21 EDT
On 20 October 1996 16:19, INTERNET:ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

>This refers to the proper method of tightening wire wheels.
>
>OK -- here it is, as promised in my earlier post.  If you are going to refute
>this please do so with the same scientific method that the article uses :-).
>
>Quotes follow from p.1005 of The Vintage Triumph #51(1992) -- (quotes are in
>quotation marks -- [my comments are in brackets]).
>
>"Principles of the Rudge-Whitworth Centre-Lock Wire Wheel" [this article
>originally appeared in #31 of the same magazine.  It was written by F. Wilson
>McComb and submitted by Bill Sohl back in 1981.]

Art,
        Thanks for taking the trouble to dig out that article. That self same
article appeared in the TR Register's magazine 'TR Action' and enlightened me
about what holds my wire wheels on. I just had a look through my back issues and
found it in the August 1992 edition. Curiously, TR Action credits 'Safety Fast'
the MG car  club magazine as the source!!
Could it be those MG boys have been doing a bit of poaching?

Regards,

Keith Bennett                             101551.20@compuserve.com