Chrome

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:38:45 -0700
I thought I'd post to the list with my experiences with chroming Triumph
parts.  In the late eighties when I refurbished my TR6, I finally had the
money to chrome the valve cover, something I had always wanted.  I
checked a local plater, but their attitude was awful.  "Throw the parts
over there in the corner and I'll get to them sometime."  No way!

I then started checking around in publications. In Hemmings, I noticed a
full page ad for Graves Plating in Alabama.  I called and talked about
their process, parts tracking, turn around time, cost, etc. and was very
pleased with their response.

I sent them my valve cover, alternator fan and pulley, overflow bottle
bracket,coil bracket and battery retaining bar.  I think this cost me
about $130 7 years ago.  I got the parts back in about 10 days and was/am
still very satisified with their work.  Everything still looks beautiful.

Since then I have had them do both bumpers, air cleaner, hood latch,
and wiper motor bracket.  All still look great after all of these years.

If you'd like to see these parts in person, then attend the 11th Annual
South Central British Car Gathering, hosted by the Triumph Club of The
Carolina, this weekend October 18th-20th in Charlotte, N.C. at the
Hilton Executive Park Hotel.  I'll personally show you!

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.